Certification Criteria & Required Documents
- United States citizens.
- Minority businesses must be at least 51% minority-owned operated and controlled. For the purposes of NMSDC’s program, a minority group member is an individual who is at least 25% Asian, Black, Hispanic or Native American. Minority eligibility is established via a combination of screenings, interviews and site visits. Ownership, in the case of a publicly-owned business, means that at least 51% of the stock is owned by one or more minority group members.
- Must be a for profit enterprise and physically located in the U.S. or its territories.
- Management and daily operations must be exercised by the minority ownership member(s).
Required DocumentsMBE Certification
- Online Application
- Fictitious Business Name Statement (if applicable)
- Proof of Ethnicity for Owner(s)
- Proof of US Citizenship for Owner(s)
- Drivers License(s)
- Federal Tax Return
- 7004 Extension Form (if applicable)
- Income Statement
- Balance Sheet
- Notes Payable (if applicable)
- Business License/Tax Registration Certificate
- Lease Agreement
- Bank Account Signature Card
- Non-refundable Processing Fee
- Blood Degree Certification/Tribal Registry Card
•All documents on these lists are required for your application to be processed. If your application is missing any of these documents, it will be considered incomplete. PSWMSDC reserves the right to request additional information and/or documentation for purpose of determining eligibility for MBE certification as per the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC).