BECOME A CERTIFIED MBE
The National MSDC certification process, administered by the Pacific Southwest MSDC, requires that minority business enterprises (MBEs) in our network are at least 51% minority-owned, operated, and controlled. Eligibility is established by conducting a series of screenings, interviews and site visits. This distinguishes NMSDC from other organizations or entities that publish directories allowing for self-certification as their standard.
- Review the certification criteria below to ensure that your business qualifies for certification.
- Sign up for the mandatory pre-certification workshop. Workshop occurs each month, for all updates please see our events calendar. Please note the dates are subject to change.
- For information on the certification process, contact our Certification Specialist, Vickie Etsitty at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (602) 495-9950, option 1.
Applying for MBE Certification at Pacific Southwest MSDC, consists of the steps below. The Certification process can take up to 45 – 60 days.
- Complete the online certification application. Certification starts with the online application. You may take as long as necessary to complete the application. Your information will be saved for your next session and is completely confidential.
- Upload required documentation as directed.
- Pay for your application fee. You may pay by credit card online. The processing of your application will begin when ALL required documents have been submitted, and application fee paid in full.
- Desk Audit – your application and supporting documents are reviewed for completeness.
- Certification Committee Review – The certification committee meets once a month to review applications for MBE certification. The certification committee review and make a recommendation to the Board of Directors for action.
- Onsite Visit – Pacific Southwest MSDC will perform an onsite visit to review your business premises and conduct a personal interview of the owner(s).
- Board of Directors review – The board will review the certification committee’s recommendation and make the final decision. If the board rejects the application, you may submit a letter of appeal. If approved, you will be notified by e-mail with Approval Letter.
- Post Certification meeting is our final step for certification.
NMSDC Central – Online Application
Please Follow these steps to start online application
– Click on – Apply Online button above
– Top right hand corner, select Request Login
– Request Login – creating your username & password
– Pre-Qualification questions
– Start MBE application