THE PACIFIC SOUTHWEST MINORITY SUPPLIER DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL
WHO WE ARE
PSWMSDC supports the growth and welfare of minority communities by championing the use of minority-owned businesses in Southern California, and Arizona. Our parent organization, the National Minority Supplier Development Council, helps over 12,000 minority businesses connect with major Fortune 500 corporations and their buyers every year.
WHAT WE DO
PSWMSDC provides minority businesses with access to:
- Buyers, bids and contracts
- Education and trainings
- Business events (expos, seminars, matchmakers)
- Nationally-recognized ethnic minority business certification
We offer our Corporate Members access to:
- Certified minority suppliers in diverse industries
- RFP & contract distribution outlets
- Supplier Diversity program development
- Supplier referrals
- Business events & private VIP events
WHO WE SERVE
Our Certified Minority Businesses:
Location Graphic To Come
National Corporate Members:
- Top five industries: Health Care, Industrial Manufacturing, Consumer Discretionary, Finance, & Energy
- Top five national locations: New York, Texas, Illinois, Michigan, California
- Top five cities in the Western Region: San Francisco, Las Vegas, Oakland, San Jose, Palo Alto
- Over 170 are Fortune 500 corporations
- 20 spend over $1B annually with minority and women-owned businesses
Incorporated in 1993, the Pacific Southwest Minority Supplier Development Council (formerly Grand Canyon Council) is the Arizona based affiliate of the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC). In October 2013 our geographic reach expanded. We now cover the State of Arizona as well as San Diego County.
We directly impact the employment, labor income, tax base, and economy in Pacific Southwest, Southern California and Arizona. Every year, our minority businesses create over 760,000 jobs, generate over $11.3B in revenue, and contribute over $687.7M in taxes. Our local Corporate Members spend over $3B with diverse suppliers, train over 300 minority businesses, and volunteer over 900 hours in support of minority businesses. PSWMSDC advocates for over 860 minority businesses, supports the Supplier Diversity efforts of over 460 Corporate Members nationally, and promotes minority business success in partnership with over 40 government agencies and community organizations.
PSWMSDC President Lawrence B. Wooten possesses over 25 years of executive leadership experience within procurement and supply management, strategic planning, Supplier Diversity, government contracting, and financial management. Our Board Chair Kathleen Trimble has been involved with PSWMSDC and our National office for over 20 years and has executive-level experience in Supplier Diversity, supply chain management, and Defense and GSA contracting.
- Scottsdale, AZ – Headquarters