Copyright @2022 Pacific Southwest Minority Development Council. All Rights Reserved.
Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) is an American designation for businesses that are at least 51% owned, operated, and controlled on a daily basis by one or more (in combination) U.S citizens of the following ethnic minorities listed below.
A U.S. citizen whose origins are from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
A U.S. citizen whose origins are from Japan, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Taiwan, Korea, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, the Philippines, Thailand, Samoa, Guam, the U.S. Trust Territories of the Pacific or the Northern Marianas.
A U.S. citizen who is of African (excluding Northern) descent.
A U.S. citizen of true-born Hispanic heritage, from any of the Spanish-speaking areas of the following regions: Mexico, Central America, South America and the Caribbean Basin only. Brazilians (Afro-Brazilian, indigenous/Indian only) shall be listed under Hispanic designation for review and certification purposes.
A person who is an American Indian, Eskimo, Aleut or Native Hawaiian, and regarded as such by the community of which the person claims to be a part. Native Americans must be documented members of a North American tribe, band or otherwise organized group of native people who are indigenous to the continental United States and proof can be provided through a Native American Blood Degree Certificate (i.e., tribal registry letter, tribal roll register number).
Pacific Southwest Minority Supplier Development Council (PSWMSDC) offers the only nationally recognized Ethnic Minority Business Certification in the Arizona and San Diego County Region.
• Connection with our Corporate Members and other corporations that request MBE referrals
• Contracting opportunity announcements from our Corporate Members
• Access to development and education programs
• MBE2MBE contracting opportunities
• Inclusion in NMSDC database where Corporate Members search for qualified MBEs
• Free or discounted registrations to our events
• Awards (Supplier of the Year by Class) and educational scholarship eligibility